Friday 2 August 2013

Yoga, retreats and writing

I started this blog to get me back into the practice of writing and here I am almost a month since my last post!

After my last blog post I went on a yoga retreat and had an amazing weekend away with a dozen people - only one of which I knew. It was peaceful and inspiring. The food was amazing. And while the accommodation was basic it perfectly suited where we were and what we were there for and it kept the focus was on the beautiful location, the yoga and other classes on offer and sitting around a table or fireplace together in a common area.




I came back feeling reinvigorated and having watched Yogawoman not that long before going on the retreat, and then sharing the weekend with a group of people who were significantly older than me yet active participants (including a 78 year old woman who had the most positive outlook on life and wicked sense of humour) it inspired me to get back into the practice of yoga - something I hadn't done for years.

After the retreat I was happy to have a week off-line. This was followed by a retreat from technology with a techno detox. To be honest, I had almost forgotten about my short lived, recently created blog. Well a visit to the Byron Bay Writer's Festival yesterday highlighted the immense joy that people get from writing and I was reminded of a little blog I had started. While I'm not planning on writing a novel it did remind me why I had started this blog.

So here I am, nearly a month between posts but feeling more positive and relaxed and ready to continue what I started.

Tonight I'm taking my 10 year old to a contemporary dance performance and looking forward to sharing time together and watching something I love. I hope he shares the joy with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment