Thursday 11 July 2013

Magnolia season

It's that time of the year when Magnolia trees are in flower and everywhere I go I see these trees covered in their beautiful flowers.

We first bought a magnolia tree after we had bought our first home in Sydney as they flowered around my birthday and I loved the flower so much. They're not particularly fragrant and they don't work as a cut flower, but they  are so gorgeous, especially when you see a tree laden with them like this one where I work.


So now we have another Magnolia tree. By the looks of it, it must be a different variety as the flowers and leaves are a lot darker in colour, the spread of branches more narrow and there are at loss less flowers :( but that's okay, it's a good excuse to buy another Magnolia tree :).



No comments:

Post a Comment